ty|ro (tī’rō), n., pl. -ros. a beginner in learning or doing anything; novice. Also, tiro. SYN: neophyte.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Becoming a Parent
I just taught my little brother how to tie his shoes.  This task is difficult to accomplish especially when he, my six year old brother, and I both have the patience of six year olds.  However, it was a task that had to be accomplished, seeing as though my parents have decided to leave parenting up to me.  I’ve devised a list of things that never would have been allowed thirteen years ago when I was six.


Here it is:
.  Going to bed at 10:30.  An hour earlier than usual.
2.   Continued use of sippy cups.
3.   Refusing to eat strange food items.
4.   Eating fruit snacks before the sacrament.
5.   Cooking a corndog for breakfast.
6.   Asking my mom to wipe my butt for me.  He’s six.  And no, I’m not exaggerating.  There’s definitely something wrong with this one.  It’s a crisis that gives a whole new meaning to the nickname Ben Dover.



I’ve taken certain items, such as shoe tying, into my own hands. 
Don’t worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment