Becoming a Parent
I just taught my little brother how to tie his shoes. This task is difficult to accomplish especially when he, my six year old brother, and I both have the patience of six year olds. However, it was a task that had to be accomplished, seeing as though my parents have decided to leave parenting up to me. I’ve devised a list of things that never would have been allowed thirteen years ago when I was six.
Here it is:
1 . Going to bed at 10:30. An hour earlier than usual.
2. Continued use of sippy cups.
3. Refusing to eat strange food items.
4. Eating fruit snacks before the sacrament.
5. Cooking a corndog for breakfast.
6. Asking my mom to wipe my butt for me. He’s six. And no, I’m not exaggerating. There’s definitely something wrong with this one. It’s a crisis that gives a whole new meaning to the nickname Ben Dover.
I’ve taken certain items, such as shoe tying, into my own hands.
Don’t worry about it.