ty|ro (tī’rō), n., pl. -ros. a beginner in learning or doing anything; novice. Also, tiro. SYN: neophyte.

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Undying Desire to Beat Someone Up
            I’m not entirely sure whether or not it’s completely normal to have the desire to beat someone up.  I’ve never been in a real fight.  If I were to fill out a resume with the intention of filling an empty bar fighting position, the only past experience I could honestly include would be that I have lightly boxed one of my friends a few times.
            I really want to beat someone up.  As you can probably guess, this is a new development for me.  Before you label me as an insensitive playground jerk, hear me out.  I would never beat up that short kid with freckles whose mom writes love notes on his lunch bag.  I always thought that kid was pretty cool.  So what if his mom expresses her love to him daily via sharpie.  I want to beat up the kid who beat up Freckle Boy.
            I want to beat up that guy who emotionally abuses his girlfriend; the guy whose playful name calling seems to be secretly hiding a controlling grasp on her individuality.
            I’m probably not the only person out there who wants to be honestly and desperately needed in some way.  I would define this as a “Hero Urge.”  My current Hero Urge is manifested as the desire to punch.  Whether or not I will end up actually punching is unknown.  Just take note of this imminent compulsion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment